NEWS & ALERTS
FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD
If you ever have your VISA Debit Card compromised this is what you should do:
- When you notice an unusual transaction on your card call the 800 number on the back of your card to have your card frozen.
- Next as soon as the credit union opens, call us at 757-934-4624 and report the problem.
- We will ask you to sign a perjury form with all the necessary information about the fraudulent charges so we can have details to help you.
- We will also ask you to contact the merchant where the charges originated from to try and get them to give you your money back.
- You can contact your local police department to make a statement of fraud charges.
- Our internal fraud department along with FISERV will work on recovering your funds.
- Turn on your FREE Card Valet product and this will alert you immediately if your Debit card is being hacked. This goes on your I phone or Android phone.
Make sure at all times that Prime Care has your current e-mail address, current cell or contact number. When fraud occurs, the fraud department will reach out to you with a phone call. YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR BALANCES DAILY ON HOME BANKING
Questions, call 757-934-4624 or 757-388-3834 or 757-261-8635.
Do you know how POP Money works? You must log in to www.mycheckfree.com (free bill paying service), see our link page. For (e) 95 cents you can send money to other financial institutions to your family or friends. No need to wire funds or write a check. This is a great convenience. You will need to sign up for mycheckfree.com and so will the recipient of the funds. For the low cost to send money to another person, it is certainly worth it! Take a few moments and sign up for FREE and read over the instructions. There are daily limits. You get faster service using your debit card to send the money. This is not a Prime Care Credit Union product, it is owned and operated through FISERV.
HOW CAN I ACCESS MY ACCOUNT?
Prime Care Credit Union’s Audio Response System
- Get account information 24 hours a day with Audio Response at 1-855-283-1691 or with our Home Banking.
- Both services are free. If you have not already signed up for either service, contact the credit union today!
- Click here to get up to date credit union closings
Membership at Prime Care Credit Union:
- To be a credit union member you must always maintain a $25 share balance.
- Annual checking account fee is $10
- If your account balance in checking drops to zero, there is no additional charge, its ok!
- We accept direct deposit from any company.
- You always have 24 hour access to your account information via Home Banking, Audio Response or FREE Mobile Banking at no charge. Its free!
- There are Credit Union Service Centers throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Europe, etc. that you can use at anytime for free!
- There are over 100 local ATM terminals in Tidewater & Hampton Roads that you can use at any time for free! No bank locally can offer this type of ATM free service. (info gathered from surveys)
- You can also pay bills on-line for free with mycheckfree.com.
Watch Out for CyberCrime
Prime Care Credit Union is committed to providing excellent service to our members and we would not contact our members via email, unless responding to an email, nor call to solicit or verify any type of account information. If you need assistance in the investigation and/or prosecution of a computer facilitated identity theft crime, contact the Office of the Attorney General, Computer Crime Unit at 877-245-5521 or at [email protected].
International Transactions Blocked
Due to increased Visa Debit card fraud, all international card
transactions have been blocked.
Are you aware of check holds? Are you aware of the ATM deposit holds? Did you know that you may not have immediate credit? Official checks may also be held. This is true at the Credit Union Service Centers and the Credit Union itself. Questions [email protected]
Talk with your credit union representatives today by calling 757-388-3834.
PRIME CARE CREDIT UNION HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY CHECKS THAT MAY NOT BE VERIFIABLE.
Free Bill Paying Service
This is a Fiserv product. PCCU uses Fiserv software on a daily basis. This service is not directly endorsed by Prime Care Credit Union.
Due to increased fraud and forgery, and the Credit Union Service Centers’ inability to verify negotiable instruments, NON-CASH items deposited at any Credit Union Service Center will be subject to hold. This may include cashier’s checks, money orders, certified checks as well as government issued checks and travelers checks. Be sure to ask the Credit Union Service Center representative if your item will be placed on hold before making the deposit.
Also, your name may appear on www.zabasearch.com. Check out this site and protect yourself from fraud!
Please be advised that it is the policy of Prime Care Credit Union to clear any negative account which bears your name (whether primary or joint) from your Share, Share Draft, Christmas Club, Rainy Day, Insurance, or any other type of account to which you are entitled the funds. Please refer to your membership account agreement, the current Rate & Fee schedule, or other credit union documents or notices posted regarding this.
Is there a limit to the number of electronic transfers I can make from my savings account?
Prime Care currently allows six electronic withdrawals from your shares a month. This includes transferring funds from this account to another.
**Currently due to Covid-19, the regulations have changed and there are unlimited transactions allowed from savings.
Q: Which accounts at Prime Care Credit Union are considered deposit accounts?
A: Savings Accounts and Certificates are deposit accounts.
Q: Are checking accounts subject to restricted transfers?
A: No, checking accounts are not. There is no limit on any transactions on a checking account. This is considered a demand account.
Q: How can I avoid being charged extra transfer fees from shares?
- Open a checking account if you do not have one with Prime Care Credit Union.
- Use your checking account for the majority of your withdrawals and debits.
- Keep more funds in your checking account.
- Transfer excess funds from your checking account to your deposit account after you verify it is not needed.
- Purchase a reloadable VISA card.
- Locate a Prime Care Credit Union Branch, Shared Credit Union Branch, or Free ATM.
TruStage Auto and Homeowners Program
You trust your credit union to offer products and services to help you do more with what you have. That’s why we’ve joined with a dedicated team of insurance professionals to bring you the TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program.
Working with carefully selected insurance partners, these programs can provide discounted rates for credit union members, online services, and 24/7 claims service.
If you haven’t compared auto or home insurance rates lately, it’s a great time to take a look. Your credit union membership could result in some nice savings.
Get your free quote today or call 1-855-612-7910
TruStage™ Auto and Home Insurance program is offered by TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC and issued by leading insurance companies. Discounts are not available in all states and discounts vary by state. The insurance offered is not a deposit and is not federally insured. This coverage is not sold or guaranteed by your credit union.
TruStage Insurance Products
Term Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance
Credit Life Protection for Loans
Credit Disability Protection for Loans